1. Snow falling on a clear winter night is my absolute favorite thing to watch.
2. Could I please be 7 inches taller?
3. Artichoke pizza is the best. I have learned to make it since the pizza place went out of business.
4. The greatest lesson I learned about “stuff” came from missionary friends of ours. They have 3 kids and had to get all of their belongings in two 7 x 7 x 4 crates for their move to an Alaskan Indian village. I watched them purge, process, and purge again. We then started to look at our stuff in a whole different light. When we moved from Illinois to Indiana 11 years ago, we left all of the furniture with the house and donated most of our other belongings. What a freeing feeling that was. (There might be a future post in here somewhere.)
5. I never have a boring day teaching my students. They always come up with something exciting. No day is ever the same.
6. My father will always be my hero. He had such a kind and forgiving soul.
7. Sisters are the best.
8. “If you can’t handle no, then don’t ask the question.”
9. My strong-willed dog is constantly teaching me new things about myself.
10. If I were independently wealthy, I would keep taking college classes. There is so much to learn in this world.
11. Before it became popular, I had a list of all the things I wanted to accomplish. I have accomplished some of them. Owned my own teacher education store, went to the arctic circle, shot a rifle, got my Masters in teaching, visited the rain forest.
12. Whoever discovered (created) Chai tea was genius.
13. I love the Indianapolis Zoo.
14. While I always wanted 9 children, God gave us one, and he is the absolute best!
15. Embrace today’s trials as a learning experience for tomorrow’s joys.
16. While I love to dress up and go out on the town, by favorite is ordering a Volcano cheese and jalapeno pizza and watching Monk or The Big Bang Theory.
17. Classical music is my go-to stress reliever.
18. I can watch the most beautiful sunrises out my classroom window every morning.
19. When we lived along the Mississippi River, the sunsets over the river were a beautiful closing statement for the day.
20. Best friends will always remain in your heart even if they don’t live close by.
21. Just when you think you can’t endure another thing, there is an inner strength that takes over and pulls you through.
22. Walking on a wooded trail makes me happy.
23. Even though I am not a morning person, I seem to get the most accomplished around 2:30-3:30 in the morning.
24. I would love to learn to quilt from the Amish.
25. I love, love, love to cook and throw dinner parties.